The best place to enjoy nature
Ca la Remei and Can Benet date back to 1700. Specifically, on the lintel of Can Benet you can read: “Pau Oriol Fluvià, year 1755”. The two houses were built by and still belong to the Mas Fluvià (1631), which occupies the number 7 of the same street of Vic.
To the book “Travessant el Collsacabra. The road from Vic to Olot and Les Marrades del Grau “by Busquets Costa, F. and others (2010) can be read:
“The town of Hostalets was born and grew on both sides of the Camino Real, and in fact” Carrer de Vic “remains today the main artery of the town. At the end of the 16th century (as in the Cantonigròs trail) the Fluvià family built a hostel, and from there a neighborhood was born that before the current denomination was called the Houses of the Hostal Nou. The success of the initiative must have been brilliant, since immediately afterwards, especially since the beginning of the 17th century, the construction of houses proliferated, some of which were also hostels or converted later, as was the case in many others occasions The name Fluvià is visible on multiple borders of the same street of Vic, but it is especially notable that of the most original Fluvià (the former hostel?), Now transformed into a family residence, which certifies the construction (or renovation and expansion of the existing building ) from the house by Climent Fluvià in 1631 “(op cit. pp 51-52)